Are you a golf enthusiast? In Costa Blanca there are 23 golf courses designed by famous golfers and architects, making this region one of the best options if you are looking for a second home near a golf course. In this text, we have compiled a list with some of the best golf clubs in the Costa Blanca area.
From pitch-and-putt to 72-par championship courses, Costa Blanca has something for every level. Find the best golf clubs in the area and discover yet another reason why Valencia and Alicante are the perfect place to relocate or for a holiday home. Make the most of your time off!
Discover the best golf courses near Valencia and Alicante
Are you a fan of sport and nature? Then, if you haven’t tried golf yet, you should definitely have a go at it. If you already love the sport, we know you will enjoy the Costa Blanca in Spain, home to 23 courses with the best designs.
Typically, when we think of the three regions that comprise Costa Blanca (Valencia, Alicante and Castellón), we envision sandy beaches with calm waters, parasols and tapas bars, but there is much more to this part of the country; and golf is definitely an essential outdoor activity if you want to make the most of this area.
Costa Blanca: 300 days of sun per year
The Mediterranean coastline offers great weather all year, and Costa Blanca is no different. With an average of 300 days of warmth and sunlight, this region is perfect to enjoy golf at its fullest. However, sport isn’t the only thing you can benefit from, the Costa Blanca is a great location for a second home, so if you were thinking of purchasing a holiday residence, having a golf course nearby can only be another item in the pros list.
With AEDAS Homes, buying properties near a golf course in Alicante and Valencia will be an effortless process; enjoying golf while finding your second residence has never been easier. Next, we have compiled a list with the best golf courses in Costa Blanca, where you can beat par surrounded by the most beautiful nature.
The top courses in Costa Blanca
There are 23 golf clubs in the Costa Blanca, including three pitch-and-putt courses, fortunately, most of them are quite close to one another, so you can try them all without having to travel too far. Some of them have been designed by famous golfers and architects, which can only add to the fun. Here are some notable examples:
- Alicante Golf. Designed by Seve Ballesteros, this golf 72-par championship course is well known for its water features. This course is only a few minutes away from the Azara project in Alicante, if you are considering buying property in Costa Blanca that is close to amenities such as a golf course.
- Parador el Saler. This 72-par course designed by Javier Arana is perfect for those golfers who have a special appreciation for nature, since it’s located in the Albufera Nature reserve. Many feathered species live in this beautiful marsh area, and hopefully they won’t be the only ‘birdies’ you come across while you’re there.
- Las Colinas Golf and Country Club. This club was ranked among the top 100 in Europe, according to the Golf World magazine. Designed by American architect Cabell Robinson, this championship course is located among forested mounds, hence the name Colinas, the Spanish word for hills.
- Levante Course at Villaitana. Designed by Jack Nicklaus, this 72-par course has challenges for players of all levels, including wide and undulating fairways. It is located in a resort that has two 18-hole courses, in the province of Alicante.
- Font del Llop. This inland course is at a prime location, with a breathtaking view of the mountains, a combination of peace and quiet with the excitement of the sport. Designed by Blake Stirling and Marco Martín, this course has a small river meandering through, which gives this course its Valencian name meaning ‘the wolf’s spring.’
- Villamartín Golf Club. This course, famous internationally, helped establish the golfing scene in Costa Blanca. Notorious because of its par-three 17th hole, this course first opened in 1972 and was designed by architect Robert Putman.
As we mentioned before, there are many more clubs in this area, and to help you choose, the Costa Blanca Association of Golf Courses is a great source of information, where you can also register and book your tee time at the course of your choice.